Quotable quotes

"It is not a bad idea to get in the habit of writing down one's thoughts.
It saves one having to bother anyone else with them."
Isabel Colegate

Friday, February 6, 2009

Why do I love my husband (tagged by Dora)

A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
Dave Meurer, "Daze of Our Wives"


I was tagged by Dora on this subject; hers was "Why/How do I love my husband". My first reaction was OMG!...this is quite personal. I wasn't keen to 'participate' but I don't want to be kill-joy at the same time. What the heck... so here goes:

There are many reasons as to why but I'm going to limit them to ten*(in random order); and I am not going to the "How" lest I cause many to blush!!! Shush!!

Why I love my husband? Its because*:
  1. he's cheeky when he's tipsy :)
  2. can still make me blush
  3. praise my cooking although we all know that his mum's cooking is his favourite
  4. understand my needs for shopping, movies and girls night out
  5. tolerate my short comings and lets me rant when I'm having PMS
  6. acknowledge my intelligence when it comes to electronic/electrical gadgets
  7. of his sense of humour and the silly games he still plays with our girls
  8. he's resigned to the fact that I'm an FB (Face Book) addict
  9. of his commitment to the family and
  10. he still makes time for little chats with God
There you have it, a little peek to my personal life. In view of the coming Valentine's I will now then tag Phil, Joyce and Nina Diane to share their bits of information.

Cheers!

7 comments:

Joyce G Asing-Cashman said...

Nice reading yours, Emily! I'll do mine....soon.... ;-). I hope to find a time. My schedule has been so hectic *sigh*. You take care, kio, and thank you for tagging me :D.

Dora A-Erb said...

Ah..ha, now I know that Alfred still makes you blush...LOL. Just kidding Mary. Sense of humor is also very important koni. That's one of the qualities that David has too. Anyways, thanks for sharing kio...

Romeo Morningwood said...

He sounds like a keeper!

Does he have a twin?
Brothers?
Would you consider cloning him?

I know a lot of great gals who aren't having much luck finding a fella like your guy.

Emily said...

Joyce: Look forward to your info.. :)

Dora: Sigh! :)

Homo Escapeons: Ah well, that's just half of the story.. wait till you hear the other half.. sigh, sigh and sigh!! LOL...

Deana E said...

hi emily, tahnks for dropping by my blog and sending me email.i did the same tag b4 i left for kl..nice knowing u and keep on blogging..

Printemps said...

i liked your blog on
A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
Dave Meurer, "Daze of Our Wives"

I am writing something about relationship...

http://lueur-de-printemps.blogspot.com/

vicki archer said...

That is such a sweet post and your husband sounds like an adorable one. xv.